Worship LeaderJob Description
Compass Church invites people to discover God by living out these values: authentic worship, community, compassion, creativity, multiplication, and spiritual passion. If we are fulfilling this calling, the world will see us loving our neighbors as a family because of Jesus.
Purpose of the role:
Work with a team of musicians and vocalists in leading people to authentically praise God during worship gatherings.
- Be a formal member of Compass Church and sign the member covenant.
- Affirm Alliance doctrine statement found at cmalliance.org.
- Agree to and sign the Compass Church Staff Covenant.
- Work part-time at 20hrs/wk.
- Meet with ministry supervisor on a monthly basis at minimum.
- Attend weekly speaking team meetings (this helps the worship leader identify worship themes and songs for each worship gathering)
Lead Pastor for the requirements listed above and the responsibilities listed below regardless of whether or not volunteer leaders are available.
- Lead people to praise God through singing during our worship gatherings.
- Maintain a quality of musicianship that engages people and helps them praise God
- Pick songs that invite people to discover God and worship Him through the themes brought out in the talk and the passage.
- Recruit, train, empower, and mobilize musicians and vocalists
- Become familiar with and utilize Planning Center Online for scheduling needs. Make sure there is a leader and a team for every Sunday morning worship gathering.
- Keep strong communication with media booth volunteers
- Communicate with ministry supervisor in regards to ministry needs and personnel
- Hold auditions and rehearsals as deemed necessary
- Assist with other tasks (temporarily/permanently) as gifting and the need for personal development deems helpful and necessary. The employee will check in with supervisor regularly and make adjustments.
- Draft, submit, and (upon approval) maintain an annual budget that allows for the funding of these responsibilities.
Recommended Spiritual Gifts/Skills:
- Volunteer empowerment and encouragement
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Musically, instrumentally, and/or vocally talented
- Relational, humble, and surrendering
- Summer 2019, start a 3-month trial period
- After 3-month trial period, there will be a review of chemistry with Compass and competency of responsibilities listed in the job description.
- Annual review thereafter
- Salary: $1500/mo
If you’d like to apply:
Contact Brian Kilde at firstname.lastname@example.org